No Parking Signs
The 49th Ward Service Office can assist in providing No Parking signs to reserve a place on the street for your moving vehicle.
Our office provides complimentary courtesy no parking signs for residential moves for addresses in the 49th Ward. Please visit our office at 7356 N Greenview to pick up and post these signs no later than 48 hours in advance. No appointment is necessary, as our staff will prepare the signs while you wait.
- Signs are available between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. for one day only
- You are responsible for posting signs at least 48 hours in advance
- Vehicles parked in violation of courtesy no parking signs may not be ticketed or towed, per the Chicago Police Department
- Commercial vehicles, including rented moving trucks, may not park overnight on residential streets without risk of parking tickets
Residents hiring professional movers may request enforceable no parking signs from the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT). These signs will be posted by CDOT and are available between the hours of 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Once you have hired a moving company, make sure you request the company’s federal tax ID number
- Contact CDOT at 312.744.4652 and request to speak to someone regarding residential move no parking signs to be advised of how to proceed
- Cost: $25/truck/day at each address + parking meter costs (if applicable)
- Requests must be made no less than 3 business days in advance of your move
Enforceable no parking signs are not available unless professional moving companies, with current liability insurance, have been hired.
Viaduct Clearances Throughout Rogers Park
Red – Clearances of 11’0″-11’11”
Purple – Clearances of 12’0″-12’11”
Blue – Clearances of 13’0″-13’11”
Yellow – Clearances of 14’0″
**Star – Viaducts leading to Rogers Park