September 2017 Update – All Projects Completed
New Playground at Touhy Park. COMPLETED. One-third of project cost approved by 2011 vote. Other two-thirds funding from 2012 vote and Chicago Park District.
- 7200 & 7300 blocks of N. Claremont. COMPLETED.
- 2300 block of W. Chase. COMPLETED.
- 1300 block of W. Touhy. COMPLETED.
- 2000-2100 W. Jarvis – COMPLETED.
- 1750 W. Morse – COMPLETED.
- 1700-1734 W. North Shore – COMPLETED.
- 7600 N. Bosworth – COMPLETED.
- 7050-7100 N. Glenwood – COMPLETED.
- 6800 N. Ravenswood (west side of tracks) – COMPLETED.
- 7600 N. Marshfield (alley) – COMPLETED.
Tree Planting. COMPLETED. The City planted 139 new trees in the parkways of the Ward. The locations chosen were a combination of constituent requests to the City’s 311 system, surveys by the PB49 Arts & Innovation Committee members, and suggestions by Chicago’s Department of Forestry.
Underpass Murals. COMPLETED. Project started with a published RFP, resulting in over 150 entries from local artists from which an expert panel chose the 20 winning entries. Completed murals grace both Union Pacific/Metra and CTA underpasses. The last four murals were completed in the fall of 2014.
Click the markers on the map to see the mural locations. Also, view the Photos of 2012 Underpass Murals.