February 2019 Update
Bike Lanes on Albion, Eastlake & Pratt (Phase II) Chicago Department of transportation (CDOT) project.
- Contra-flow bike lane on Albion. COMPLETED.
- Pratt – COMPLETED. These will now be part of a ward-wide bike network. Planning started in 2014 and continued in 2015. A community meeting was scheduled in December 2015 to present the options before its scheduled for installation in 2016. 2017 update: Due to state budget problems, installation is now scheduled for 2018. Update: See PB 2018 Project Updates.
- Eastlake – CANCELLED per CDOT as inappropriate location
Bike Racks. PENDING. These funds will be used in conjunction with the 2010 Artistic Bike Rack Project. See “PB 2010 Menu Projects.” The plan is to install 148 bike racks; about 45 will be custom-made. A major reason for the delay was that CDOT did not have the capacity to install the large number of bike racks. CDOT issued a new bid in spring of 2017 that included an “install-only” option. May 2018 update: We are in the final stages of ordering bike racks from the manufacturer. February 2019 update: CDOT is currently confirming proposed locations.
Improvements to Ridge, Touhy, Rogers Intersection. COMPLETED. Community input was sought in March 2015. CDOT presented slightly revised options at a September 2016 community meeting, which failed to achieve consensus. CDOT engineers are now considering a plan to possibly to include a left turn signal for eastbound Rogers traffic at Ridge. Summer 2017 update: Alderman Moore will host a community meeting with CDOT in fall of 2017 to discuss CDOT’s latest recommendations. Fall 2017 update: After hosting four community meetings, CDOT engineers and the community came to consensus on the design shown here. Construction was completed in fall of 2017.
Improvements to Metra Underpasses at Birchwood, Estes & Touhy. COMPLETED. Joint effort by CDOT and Union Pacific. Project included power-washing, lighting upgrades, repainting, and pigeon abatement.
New Playground at Touhy Park. COMPLETED. One-third of project cost approved by 2011 vote. Other two-thirds funding from 2012 vote and Chicago Park District.
Path Extensions at Leone & Loyola Park at Morse. COMPLETED. Both have been constructed, giving beach access to people using wheelchairs.
Street Resurfacing. Completion dates vary with location:
- 1200-1500 W. Pratt – COMPLETED.
- 6800-7000 N. Wolcott – COMPLETED.
- 7400-7600 N. Wolcott – COMPLETED.
- 1400-1500 W. Jarvis – COMPLETED.
- 1200-1300 W. Columbia – COMPLETED.