February 2018 Update
For all the projects listed below, Alderman Joe Moore has requested funding be allocated to these projects in 2018. See the Oct. 14, 2017, report on election results.
Park Benches. PENDING. Replace seven old benches at Loyola, Touhy and Pottawattomie Parks and add a new bench at Sherwin Beach.
Provide striped bike lanes on Pratt from Clark to Ridge. PENDING. This will allow for an
uninterrupted bike lane on Pratt from Sheridan to Kedzie.
New Streetlights on Greenview adjacent to Kilmer Elementary and Sullivan High Schools. PENDING. Replace the old residential streetlights on the 6600 and 6700 blocks of Greenview, from Albion to Pratt, with new, brighter streetlights.
Jarvis Countdown Crosswalk. PENDING. Install a countdown crosswalk sign at the northeast corner of Jarvis and Clark to help pedestrians cross Jarvis safely.
Basic Infrastructure Repairs
The community voted to spend 67 percent of the $1 million on streets and alley resurfacing, and sidewalk and alley apron repairs. Prior to the vote, Community Reps identified streets and alleys for resurfacing, and sidewalks and alley aprons for repairs. Community Reps have developed databases where they capture this information.
It is estimated that four street resurfacing projects should be completed in 2018 under the Participatory Budgeting project.
- 1200 W. Albion—Sheridan to Lakewood PENDING
- 7300 N. Damen—Rogers to Jarvis PENDING
- 1600 W. Morse—Ashland to Paulina PENDING
- 6801-6861 N. Glenwood—east side of the ‘L’ tracks PENDING
Below in priority order are the blocks Alderman Moore will submit for alley resurfacing:
- Alley behind 6601 N. Clark (between Clark and Ashland, Albion and Wallen) PENDING
- Alley behind 6701 N. Clark (between Clark and Ashland, North Shore and Columbia) PENDING
- Alley behind 6800 N. Clark (between Clark and Ravenswood, Pratt and Farwell) PENDING
- Alley behind 6901 N. Sheridan (between Sheridan and the Lake, Farwell and Morse) PENDING
- Alley behind 6951 N. Sheridan (between Sheridan and the Lake, Morse and Lunt) PENDING
- Alley behind 1263 W. Pratt (between Pratt and Columbia, Sheridan and Lakewood) PENDING
- Alley behind 1420 W. Pratt (between Pratt and Farwell, Glenwood and Greenview) PENDING
Alley Apron Repairs
Below in priority order are the alley aprons (note: an “alley apron” is located at the mouth of the alley between the sidewalk and the street) Alderman Moore will submit for repairs:
- Alley apron next to 1610 W. Albion PENDING
- Alley apron next to 1637 W. Columbia PENDING
Below in priority order are the blocks (or portions of blocks) Alderman Moore will submit for new sidewalks:
- 6453 N. Glenwood PENDING
- 6438 N. Lakewood PENDING
- 7480-7500 N. Rogers PENDING
- 6411-13 N. Newgard PENDING
- 1232 W. Sherwin PENDING