February 2019 Update
For all the projects listed below, Alderman Joe Moore has requested funding be allocated to these projects. See the May 6, 2017, report on election results.
More Trees for Rogers Park. COMPLETED. Plant 100 trees throughout Rogers Park to beautify the community. Trees were planted in spring 2018.
Learning Garden at Gale Academy. COMPLETED. Install a “Learning Garden” at Gale Academy, designed to be an innovative model of urban outdoor education. The garden would be open to the community. Chicago Public Schools designers are finalizing design plans.
Update Clark Streetlights. PENDING. Repaint all light posts, install new energy efficient LED bulbs and attach ornamental piggyback lighting to each light post on Clark Street from Albion to Howard. Project delayed pending coordination with the Smart Lighting program. 2018 update: LED lights installed and poles painted. Awaiting installation of ornamental piggyback lighting.
Heat Lamp Shelter with Benches at Red Line Stations. COMPLETED. Install benches inside existing heat lamp shelters at Jarvis, Morse, and Loyola platforms (northbound at Loyola). UPDATE: The PB Bike and Transit Committee determined that benches would take up too much space in the heat shelters. Instead, lean bars were installed.
Three street resurfacing projects were completed in 2017 under the Participatory Budgeting project. They are noted in Purple. Other resurfacing projects paid from aldermanic discretionary funds are noted in Red. Many other resurfacing projects in 2017 were completed after new water and sewer mains were installed (in light blue).
1. 1900 W. Fargo—Wolcott to Damen COMPLETED
2. 2032 – 2152 W. Fargo—Seeley to Ridge COMPLETED
3. 7500 N. Ashland—Rogers to Howard COMPLETED
4. 7600 N. Eastlake—From 7635 to 7649 N. Eastlake COMPLETED
1. Alley behind 6700 N. Sheridan (between Lakewood and Sheridan, Columbia and North Shore) COMPLETED
2. Alley behind 1200 W. Columbia (between Columbia and North Shore, Lakewood and Sheridan) COMPLETED
3. Alley behind 6800 N. Ashland (between Clark and Ashland, Farwell and Pratt) COMPLETED
5. Alley behind 6901 N. Sheridan (between Sheridan and the park, Morse and Farwell) COMPLETED
6. Alley behind 1340 W. Devon (between Arthur and Devon, Glenwood and Wayne) COMPLETED
The following alleys were slated for resurfacing, but the Chicago Department of Transportation determined there was a potential for flooding onto private property. CDOT currently is working on a solution to alley flooding issues.
- Alley behind 6601 N. Glenwood (between Glenwood and Lakewood, Loyola and North Shore)
- Alley behind 1300 W. Loyola (between Loyola and Albion, Glenwood and Lakewood)
- Alley behind 1400 W. Lunt (between Lunt and Greenleaf, Glenwood and Greenview)
- Alley behind 6600 N. Sheridan (between Sheridan and Lakewood, Albion and North Shore)
1. Alley apron next to 7150 N. Greenview COMPLETED
2. Alley apron next to 7151 N. Greenview COMPLETED
3. Alley apron next to 6921 N. Greenview COMPLETED
1. 6800 N. Ravenswood (east side) Pratt to Farwell PENDING
2. 6900 N. Ravenswood (east side) Farwell to Lunt PENDING
Sidewalks and Curbs and Gutters
Below are the repaved sidewalks, curbs and gutters. Those that were funded by the Participatory Budget are in Purple on the map. Those that were funded from aldermanic discretionary funds are noted in Red.
1. 6900 N. Ravenswood (east side) Farwell to Lunt (curbs and gutters) COMPLETED
2. 7329 – 7331 N. Oakley (sidewalks) COMPLETED
3. 7321 N. Oakley (sidewalks) COMPLETED
4. 1766 W. Morse (sidewalks) COMPLETED
5. 1541 – 1549 W. Sherwin (sidewalks) COMPLETED
6. 1510 W. Chase (sidewalks) COMPLETED
7. 1911 – 1921 W. Morse (sidewalks) COMPLETED
8. 1412 – 1418 W. Arthur (sidewalks) COMPLETED
9. 1327 W. Greenleaf (sidewalks) COMPLETED