I want to make you aware of two events coming up this Saturday, April 19th:
COMMUNITY WELLNESS FAIR, 2200 W. Touhy (at Oakley), 10 a.m. to 12 Noon
The Heartland Health Center–Rogers Park is hosting this event, which will feature the following FREEsessions:
- Cooking and nutrition–with FREE food tastings
- Pediatric home safety (including fire safety and prevention tips)
- Physical wellness
- Oral health
- Alternative and complimentary health therapies
Each participant will receive FREE pediatric home safety kits (including smoke detectors), tooth brushes and tooth paste, and physical health manuals. And 25 lucky winners will receive free pedometers to measure your daily walking!
For more information, please call the Heartland Health Center–Rogers Park at 773-751-1875.
ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE EVENT, DeVry University, 3300 N. Campbell, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m
The City of Chicago Department of Environment is sponsoring this event:
Drop off your:
- Hazardous household chemicals and paints
- computers, cell phones, fax machines, scanners, keyboards
- old or unused prescription and non-prescription medications
- old gas can and/or gas powered lawn mower
Pick up your:
- Compost bin ($30, payable by check or money order only)
- Rain barrel ($40, payable by check or money order only)
- Free compact fluorescent light bulb
- Free environmentally-friendly gas can (when you trade in an old one)
- $100 rebate towards an electric or push mower (when you drop off your old gas-powered mower)
Supplies of the compost bins, rain barrels and light bulbs are limited, so come early.
For more information, call the Department of Environment at 312-744-7606.
I hope you find this information useful.