Do you ever wonder what your 49th Ward Service Office does all day? This weekly newsletter, written by your service office staff members*, will give you a taste of the regular and non-traditional things we work on.
The seven staff team members handle over 150 inquiries each day. Some are routine, like requests for pothole repair, snow shoveling complaints, landlord/tenant concerns, and questions about events we’re hosting. Others require a little more creativity, sensitivity, or persistence. This week, we have partnered with residents of a senior building to collaborate on a bed bug education program so residents feel comfortable reporting possible infestations without stigma.
In this issue:
- We hear you: Business attraction efforts
- Parks: Leone Beach Park update
- Infrastructure: Morse/Ashland water main construction
- 311: Tree services
- Acts of kindness: R Public House supports Between Friends domestic violence agency
- Save the date: Upcoming events
- In case you missed it: Events this week