The holiday shopping season is upon us. Support our Rogers Park businesses while putting some extra cash in your pocket at the same time. We’ve got a great incentive package and a place for you to spend your money this weekend!
The Rogers Park Business Alliance, together with the Howard Street Special Service Area, the Clark-Morse-Glenwood Special Service Areaand the Sheridan Road Special Service Area, is sponsoring the Shop Rogers Park Rebate Program. If you shop in Rogers Park stores within the special service area boundaries, you can receive up to a $50 rebate. That’s a good deal for the people on your holiday list, our local economy and your bottom line.
Collect $100 or more in receipts from at least three different stores within the Special Service Areas from now through December 31st and receive a $25 rebate. Collect $150 or more in receipts and receive a $50 rebate.
Here’s how it works:
- All stores, where purchases are made, must be located within the Special Service Areas (see list of boundaries below).
- Minimum purchase of $20 per store.
- Receipts must total $100 or more.
- Receipts must be from at least three different stores.
- Maximum purchase of $30 total forliquor.
- No groceries, prescription drugs or tobacco purchases allowed.
- One rebate per person.
- Receipts must be dated November 22 – December 31, 2013 (no gift receipts allowed).
- Rebate forms with original receipts must be submitted no later than January 13, 2014.
Below are the Special Service Area boundaries where the program is in effect:
- Howard, on the south side of the street from Sheridan to Ridge
- Howard, on the north side of the street from Sheridan to Paulina
- Paulina, from Rogers to Jonquil
- Rogers, from Howard to Clark Street
- Clark, from Wallen to Birchwood
- Morse, from Sheridan to Clark
- Glenwood, from Farwell to Greenleaf
- Lunt, from Clark to Ravenswood
- Ravenswood, from Lunt to Greenleaf
- Greenleaf, from Clark to Ravenswood
- Sheridan, from Devon to Farwell
Save your receipts and after you’ve done your shopping, complete a rebate form and submit it to the Rogers Park Business Alliance at 1448 W. Morse, Chicago, IL 60626. You will receive a check in the mail within 30 days of submitting your receipts and competed form.
To obtain the rebate form, CLICK HERE.
Start accumulating your rebate receipts TODAY (Saturday, December 14th) at the annual Shop Jarvis Square event. Spend the afternoon at the intersection of Jarvis and Greenview. Get your holiday shopping done at the annual artisans market, which will be taking place at Towbar, Poitin Stil, R Public House andTaste Food and Wine from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visit local businesses to enjoy special day of discounts and events.
As part of this year’s Shop Jarvis Square event, the Jarvis Square businesses are sponsoring a “Cram the Van” food drive to support the A Just Harvest food pantry. Bring your non-perishable food to Taste Food and Wine, 1506 W. Jarvis.
The Side Project Theater, 1439 W. Jarvis, is hosting a Pop-Up Farmers’ Market from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. And at 5:00 p.m. the theater will be hosting a free sneak peek of the remaining seven shows in their 2013-14 season.
Finally, Poitin Stil, 1502 W. Jarvis, is hosting the fourth annual Pictures with Santa. Dogs and other well-behaved pets are welcome to have their picture taken with Santa. The photos will be taken by Picture Peace, a local not-for-profit photography business.
The cost is $10 per pose, and pets can pose with or without their human companions. Your $10 includes one 5×7 print of your choice as well as an electronic file with all of the photos. Reprints are available from Picture Peace for additional fees. In addition, you will receive a goody bag with coupons and donations from local businesses.
Proceeds from the event will support The Paw-ttawattomie Dog Friendly Area (DFA). Located in Pottawattomie Park, the DFA is required to perform all maintenance activities and basic repairs, and replenish the gravel as needed. Funds raised at this event will go a long way towards achieving their annual budget goals.
You can learn more about today’s events at Jarvis Square by visiting http://www.shopjarvissquare.com/
As you plan your holiday purchases, don’t forget to shop Rogers Park!