If you are a regular reader of my electronic newsletter, this email may seem familiar. Last Saturday I sent an email announcing both the Shop Rogers Park Rebate Program and the Shop Jarvis Square event. Unfortunately, I gave out the wrong date for the Shop Jarvis Square Event, which is taking place this Saturday, December 14th, not last Saturday, as I stated incorrectly.
The holiday shopping season is upon us. Support our Rogers Park businesses while putting some extra cash in your pocket at the same time. We’ve got a great incentive package and a place for you to spend your money this weekend!
The Rogers Park Business Alliance, together with the Howard Street Special Service Area, the Clark-Morse-Glenwood Special Service Areaand the Sheridan Road Special Service Area, is sponsoring the Shop Rogers Park Rebate Program. If you shop in Rogers Park stores within the special service area boundaries, you can receive up to a $50 rebate. That’s a good deal for the people on your holiday list, our local economy and your bottom line.
Collect $100 or more in receipts from at least three different stores within the Special Service Areas from now through December 31st and receive a $25 rebate. Collect $150 or more in receipts and receive a $50 rebate.
Here’s how it works:
- All stores, where purchases are made, must be located within the Special Service Areas (see list of boundaries below).
- Minimum purchase of $20 per store.
- Receipts must total $100 or more.
- Receipts must be from at least three different stores.
- Maximum purchase of $30 total for liquor.
- No groceries, prescription drugs or tobacco purchases allowed.
- One rebate per person.
- Receipts must be dated November 22 – December 31, 2013 (no gift receipts allowed).
- Rebate forms with original receipts must be submitted no later than January 13, 2014.
Below are the Special Service Area boundaries where the program is in effect:
- Howard, on the south side of the street from Sheridan to Ridge
- Howard, on the north side of the street from Sheridan to Paulina
- Paulina, from Rogers to Jonquil
- Rogers, from Howard to Clark Street
- Clark, from Wallen to Birchwood
- Morse, from Sheridan to Clark
- Glenwood, from Farwell to Greenleaf
- Lunt, from Clark to Ravenswood
- Ravenswood, from Lunt to Greenleaf
- Greenleaf, from Clark to Ravenswood
- Sheridan, from Devon to Farwell
Save your receipts and after you’ve done your shopping, complete a rebate form and submit it to the Rogers Park Business Alliance at 1448 W. Morse, Chicago, IL 60626. You will receive a check in the mail within 30 days of submitting your receipts and competed form.
To obtain the rebate form, CLICK HERE.
Join me this Saturday, December 14th at the annual Shop Jarvis Square event. Though Jarvis Square isNOT eligible for the rebate program (it’s not in an SSA), there are still great deals to be had.
Spend the day at the intersection of Jarvis and Greenview. Get your holiday shopping done at the annual artisans market, which will be taking place at Towbar, Poitin Stil, R Public House and Taste Food and Winefrom 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visit local businesses to enjoy special day of discounts and events.
As part of this year’s Shop Jarvis Square event, the Jarvis Square businesses are sponsoring a “Cram the Van” food drive to support the A Just Harvest food pantry. Bring your non-perishable food to Taste Food and Wine, 1506 W. Jarvis.
The Side Project Theater, 1439 W. Jarvis, is hosting a Pop-Up Farmers’ Market from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. And at 5:00 p.m. the theater will be hosting a free sneak peek of the remaining seven shows in their 2013-14 season.
You can learn more about Saturday’s events at Jarvis Square by visiting http://www.shopjarvissquare.com/
As you plan your holiday purchases, don’t forget to shop Rogers Park!