Do you need help with something and don’t know where to turn? Join me for a special “KNOW YOUR RIGHTS” WORKSHOP, Monday, March 26th, 6:00 p.m. (hot dogs and refreshments) 6:30 p.m. (presentation), at the Chicago Math and Science Academy, 7412 N. Clark (just south of the firehouse).
We’ll have information on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
• Foreclosure prevention
• Home financing and re-financing
• Drivers’ licenses and state IDs.
• Unpaid wages, unfair deductions, work hours, overtime
• Non-requested phone charges
• Crime victim compensation
• Tax-free education savings
The following government offices will be on hand to provide you with information:
• Illinois Attorney General’s Office
• Illinois Department of Labor
• Illinois Secretary of State’s Office
• Illinois Department of Human Rights, Fair Housing Division
• Citizens Utility Board
• Illinois Department of Central Management Services
• Social Security Administration
• Illinois State Treasurer’s Office
• Chicago Commission on Human Relations
Please take advantage of this unique opportunity to hear first-hand from the agencies and departments that can address your needs directly.