Tomorrow (Tuesday, March 15) is Primary Election Day. If you haven’t done so already, please vote. Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
To find your polling place location, CLICK HERE and type in your address only. Please note some polling place locations have changed since the last election, so it’s always a good idea to verify your location before you go to vote.
For a list of my recommended candidates in the Democratic Primary, scroll to the bottom of this e-mail. They are the candidates endorsed by the members of the 49th Ward Democratic Party.
In the 49th Ward Democratic Party, the members of the party, not the elected officials, make the endorsement decisions. They are progressive-minded volunteers, not paid political workers. They make their endorsement decisions after hearing from all the candidates in an open and democratic process. As the 49th Ward Democratic Committeeman, I heartily support their recommendations.
Print the list and take it to the polls–or display it on your Smart Phone when you vote–to help you make an informed decision.
Regardless of whom you support, I strongly urge you to vote.
Thanks for considering my recommendations. Perhaps I’ll run into you at the polls!
The Endorsed Candidates of the 49th Ward Democratic Party and Alderman Joe Moore
President of the United States
(1) Hillary Clinton
United States Senator
(22) Tammy Duckworth
(31) Susana Mendoza
U.S. Representative, 9th District
(41) Janice D. Schakowsky
State Senator, 7th District
(111) Heather A. Steans
State Representative, 14th District
(121) Kelly M. Cassidy
Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Unexpired 2-Year Term
(142) Tom Greenhaw
(151) Kim Foxx
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Recorder of Deeds
(171) Karen A. Yarbrough
Board of Review, 2nd District
(181) Michael Cabonargi
Judge of the Circuit Court
(203) Rossana Patricia Fernandez (Vacancy of Elrod)
(205) Alison C. Conlon (Vacancy of Hogan)
(206) Aleksandra “Alex” Gillespie (Vacancy of Howlett, Jr.)
(210) Mark A. Lyon (Vacancy of Johnson)
(217) Devlin J. Schoop (Vacancy of Karnezis)
(219) Brendan A. O’Brien (Vacancy of Love)
(220) Maureen O’Donoghue Hannon (Vacancy of O’Brien)
(221) Pat Heneghan (Vacancy of Palmer)
(227) Daniel Patrick Duffy (Vacancy of Ruscitti Grussel)
(231) Fredrick H. Bates (Vacancy of Walsh)
Judge, 9th Subcircuit
(242) Jerry Esrig (Vacancy of Berman)
Committeeman, 49th Ward
(251) Joe Moore