The City of Chicago Department of Children and Youth Services is now accepting applications for its 2007 KidStart Summer Program.
The Chicago KidStart Summer Jobs website is up and running!
Chicago youth can visit www.chicagokidstart.org/home to apply for a summer job.
Business and organizations wishing to participate as employers may also visit the site for details.
- Youth between ages 14-21 must sign up online through this KidStart website to be eligible to work with After School Matters, the Chicago Park District, Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and other opportunities with the City. Below are the requirements.
- Teens must be City of Chicago residents and be able to provide proof of residency if hired.
- CPS students must use their CPS Student ID number and Social Security Number to access and complete the online application.
- Teens who are not CPS students must use their Social Security Number to access and complete the online application.
- Once the online application is completed, applicants under the age of 18 must PRINT out the Parent/Guardian Consent form, have it signed, and fax it to the CPS number at the bottom of the form (please keep a copy).
THE APPLICATION IS NOT CONSIDERED COMPLETE FOR YOUTH UNDER THE AGE OF 18 UNTIL CPS RECEIVES THE SIGNED PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT FORM.
The application deadline is Friday, April 27, 2007.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR FOR ASSISTANCE WITH THE APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT MY WARD SERVICE OFFICE.
Very truly yours,