If you’re a condominium owner, you may recall that a number of us in the City Council were successful in convincing the Mayor to preserve at least a portion of the condominium refuse rebate program that he initially budgeted for elimination this year. However, the City implemented some significant and time-sensitive changes to the condominium rebate application process that you should be aware of:
- All applications for condominium refuse rebates for the 2011 calendar year must be submitted to my 49th Ward Service Office, 7356 N. Greenview, no later than Tuesday, January 31st. No exceptions will be granted.
- If you do not file your application for the 2011 calendar year by the January 31st deadline, you will be ineligible for any future year’s rebates.
- Applications for years prior to 2011 are no longer accepted.
- Applications must be submitted for the entire condominium association by a building representative. Individual owners within an association cannot submit an application for their individual unit.
- Rebates will be available for owner-occupied units only. Vacant units or leased units are no longer eligible.
- The 2011 rebate is limited to $75 per unit.
- From now on, only owner-occupied units that received at least one rebate between January 1, 2009, and November 9, 2011, will be eligible for a rebate. If a unit did not receive a rebate during this period or did not successfully apply for a rebate by the
January 31, 2001, deadline, that unit will not be eligible to receive any future rebates.
Application forms must include the following:
- Association board form of resolution authorizing a representative to submit the application for the rebate. The resolution should be signed by the Board President and one other person.
- A copy of the arrangement/contract for 2011 salvage collection services.
- Supporting documentation of the total refuse collection expenses for 2011 (copies of invoices or a statement from the contractor will be sufficient).
- If not filed with a previous application, the recycling certification form (download here).
Both the Claim form and the Recycling form must be notarized.
Do not delay! Please submit your completed application to my 49th Ward Service Office, 7356 N. Greenview as soon as possible so that it is received prior to the January 31, 2012, deadline.