For the first time in our seven years of Participatory Budgeting in the 49th Ward, I’m happy to offer residents the opportunity to vote online.
Online voting has been very popular, with more than 100 requests so far.
And it’s easy.
To be eligible to vote (online or in person on election day or at an early-voting site),you must be 16 years of age or older and a resident of the 49th Ward. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to participate in PB!
To vote online, all you have to do is email email@example.com and attach proof of ward residency. You can attach either a scanned copy of the proof of residency or a photo of it. Here are some of the documents you can use as proof of residency. It must contain your name and address:
- Driver’s license or Illinois state ID
- Current Apartment lease
- Utility bill or bank statement
- Student ID (with address)
- Personal ID from another country
My staff will reply with the URL to the early voting website and a special access code to enter at that site. Please do not share that code with anyone else; your unique code may only be used once. Then proceed to vote, following the instructions provided. If you have questions, please reply to this email or call my 49th Ward Service Office at 773-338-5796.
Vote early at various ward locations
- St. Ignatius Church, 6559 N Glenwood Ave, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, April 24.
- Centro Romero, 6216 N. Clark St., from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, April 25.
- Howard “L” station, 1705 W. Howard, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 25.
- Morse / Lunt “L” stations, 1400 W. Morse and 1401 W. Lunt, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 26.
- Jarvis “L” station, 1527 W. Jarvis, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 27.
- Loyola “L” station, 1200 W. Loyola, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 28.
- 49th Ward Service office, 7356 N. Greenview, Follow Me Friday, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 29. Free food and drink!
And finally, Community Voting Day runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 30, at Chicago Math and Science Academy, 7212 N. Clark. This is your last chance to vote!