As part of the rehabilitation of the tracks between Loyola and Jarvis, the CTA has informed me that several streets will be partially or entirely closed this weekend to make way for construction cranes that will be removing old rail tracks and replacing them with new tracks. Once completed, the track work should result in increased train speed and reduced travel times.
The street closures will begin on Friday, November 16th, at 8 a.m. The streets will re-open on Monday, November 19th, at 12 noon.
Below are the affected streets:
- Greenview will be closed from Sherwin north to the alley immediately south of Jarvis.
- Sherwin will be closed from Greenview west to mid-block.
- Albion will be closed from Lakewood to Sheridan.
- Lakewood will be closed from Albion to 6614 N. Lakewood.
- Columbia will be reduced to one lane of traffic from Lakewood to the CTA viaduct, possibly resulting in intermittent street closures.
- North Shore will be reduced to one lane of traffic from Lakewood to the CTA viaduct, possibly resulting in intermittent street closures.
- Farwell will be reduced to one lane of traffic east of the CTA viaduct, possibly resulting in intermittent street closures.
- Southbound Glenwood (west of the tracks) will be closed from Farwell to Pratt.
- Pratt will be reduced to one-lane of traffic in both directions under the CTA viaduct.
“No Parking” restrictions will be in effect in the areas where the streets are closed and some noise will accompany the work as it is being performed.
As a reminder, Jarvis is closed under the CTA viaduct until mid-December for the Jarvis “L” station rehabilitation project and northbound Glenwood east of the tracks from Farwell to Pratt is closed until 2014 for construction of a new substation.
To view a map of the planned street closures in the Greenview/Jarvis/Sherwin area, click on the attachment below:
To view a map of the planned street closures from Farwell south to Albion, click on the attachment below:
As always, if major changes in the work plan or schedule occur, I will let you know immediately through my electronic newsletter and postings on my Facebook page.
If you have any questions, please contact my office at email@example.com or the CTA directly through Jeff Wilson, the CTA’s Government and Community Relations Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.