The CTA Red Line is about to experience MAJOR disruption as the CTA embarks on its three year project to reconstruct the Fullerton and Belmont stations. SERVICE REDUCTIONS WILL BEGIN APRIL 2, UNLESS WE ACT NOW.
The Edgewater Community Council and other community groups are organizing to help. I have called for CTA hearings and a delay to the start of construction. We need to send a loud message that the current plan is unacceptable and dangerous.
- Extremely overcrowded trains, platforms and buses are likely.
- Vehicle traffic through our neighborhood streets will increase.
- The CTA plans to reduce the number of trains by 25%.
- The CTA warns that many trip times are expected to DOUBLE.
- This could go on for the full three years – or more.
To date, the CTA has planned no alternatives for commuters, except to add a very few extra buses.
We want the communities affected most by these cuts to have a voice in how this is handled.
Please join me and other local community groups in calling on the CTA to DELAY THE CONSTRUCTION START until a viable plan is developed.
Please make a call:
MAYOR DALEY: 312.744.3300
Frank Kruesi, CTA President: 1-888-YOURCTA (1-888-968-7282)
Hearing Impaired: 1-888-CTATTY1 (1-888-282-8891)
Send an email:
and use the address below to contact the CTA:
Send a letter today.
Thank you for participating. Together we can avert this crisis.
Very truly yours,